Shoreline Community College is able to offer students an excellent education for free through the Opportunity Grant, which is funded through the state of Washington. The goal of this program is to offer students training to enter the workforce as quickly as possible and to direct students to a career ladder that provides stability and self-sufficiency.
The Opportunity Grant is for students enrolled in Automotive, Accounting, Business Technology, Clean Energy Technology and Entrepreneurship, Early Childhood Education, Health Information & Informatics Management, Manufacturing, Nursing Assistant Certified, Phlebotomy, and Visual Communication Technology. These programs have short-term training available, often leading to living wage jobs in less than a year in fields that currently have a high number of vacancies.
To be eligible, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a resident of the state of Washington as determined by the college
- Enrolled or enrolling in one of the programs listed above
- Not already have an Associates Degree or higher from the U.S.
- For 2018-2019, income must be no higher than the amounts shown on the following table:
Types of Assistance
Eligible students may receive:
- Tuition and fees for up to 45 credits
- $1,000 for books and/or tools
- Limited emergency assistance may be available
|Persons in Family or Household||Monthly Income||Annual income|
|For each additional person over 8, add||$368
Contact UsKim Cambern
5000 (FOSS) Building
Shoreline Community College
16101 Greenwood Ave. N
Shoreline, WA 98133
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
How to Apply
If you meet eligibility requirements
contact Kim Cambern.