Veteran & Military Student Services
Welcome student veterans & dependents!
Watch our TV ad about joining our Veterans community.
Shoreline Community College has a nationally recognized Veterans Program. Our mission is to support you and help make your experience at Shoreline Community College a success.
Some of the services we offer include:
- Priority registration for all active duty, reserve members, veterans, and eligible family members
- Use of the Veterans Resource Center facility
- One-on-one Corporate Mentoring program
- Help determining tuition discount eligibility
- Connection with the campus community V.E.T.S. Club
- Help accessing and understanding GI Bill® benefits
- Military transcript evaluation
- Veteran specific academic advising
- Access to on-site Vet Corps representative for assistance navigating the Shoreline system and off-campus resources
- Referrals for disability resources, mental health & wellness counseling, and community resources
- Academic Scholarships for Shoreline Student Veterans
GOT YOUR 6
GOT YOUR 6 (GY6) is a campus wide initiative for faculty and staff that focuses on the challenges our student veterans face when transitioning from military to civilian life and how our campus community can support them.
For more information, contact Missy Anderson or Rosemary Whiteside.
News & Events
- Shoreline Veteran Quoted in Seattle Times Article
- Veteran Student Wins Award at Vocal Competition
- Transforming Lives: Miguel Escalera — From Bronze Star to UW Medicine Via Shoreline
- Congratulations to Merit Scholarship Recipient Justin Collins!
- Congratulations to Veteran Scholarship Recipient Stian Lunde Myraas!
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.